Local Plan Examination
Welcome to the examination home page for the Stockton-on-Tees Local Plan.
All updates about the Local Plan examination process, timetable and available information will be made available via this page.
Programme Officer: Carole Crookes (Independent Programme Officer Solutions)
9 Chestnut Walk
Telephone: 07397 909822
Key Information and Links
Inspector Matthew Birkinshaw BA (Hons) MSc MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination into the Stockton-on-Tees Local Plan to determine whether it is sound.
- Examination Library – documents, statements and other correspondence issued after submission on 21 December 2017.
- Core Document and Evidence Base Library – December 2017 - documents, plans, strategies and evidence that informed the Local Plan up to submission on 21 December 2017.
- Publication Draft Local Plan and Addendum - as available during consultation between 25 September and 6 November 2017.
- Hearing Statements (link to be added shortly) - further written representations received in advance of the EiP Hearings.
- General information and advice from the Planning Inspectorate about Local Plans and the examination process is available from the GOV.UK website, Planning System – Local Plans
Examination News and Updates
Correspondence and updates relating to the examination can be viewed below in reverse chronological order:
- 23 January 2018 – The Council has responded to the Inspector’s Initial Questions, which are available to view via the ‘Examination Library’ link above (documents EX/SBC/1, EX/SBC/2 and EX/SBC/3)
- 15 January 2018: The Inspector has issued his initial questions for the examination which are available to view via the ‘Examination Library’ link above (document EX/INS/1)
- 2 January 2018: A formal letter was received from the Planning Inspectorate advising that in accordance with section 20 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended) the Secretary of State had appointed Inspector Matthew Birkinshaw BA (Hons) MSc MRTPI to conduct the examination to determine whether the Stockton-on-Tees Local Plan is sound.