Toggle menu


If your drone is over 250 grams and you'll be flying outside, then by law you need to register with the Civil Aviation Authority.

Apply to fly a drone on public land

To request permission to launch a drone on public land within the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees you need to supply:

  • your Civil Aviation Authority registration number and licence
  • evidence of current public liability insurance
  • a risk assessment plan
  • a health and safety plan

A minimum of 14 working days' notice is required to consider an application. Requests received from hobbyists or those who are launching drones for leisure purposes will not be granted permission.

Request to launch a drone from Council-owned land