For Coronavirus information including the current restrictions, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
There are a number of different COVID-19 tests including:
- Tests for people with symptoms
- Tests for people without symptoms
You can read about the different tests available on this page.
Testing for residents with COVID-19 symptoms
If you have COVID-19 symptoms – no matter how mild – you must book a test online or by calling 119, it is important that you do this as soon as possible. If you are struggling to book a test please contact us on 01642 528474 or online using this form.
Even if you have had the COVID-19 vaccine you should book a COVID-19 test if you experience symptoms as it is possible that you became infected before you had the vaccine or before the vaccine took effect (this can take around two weeks). Though the evidence is really strong that the vaccine is effective, no vaccine is 100 per cent effective.
Please stay at home while waiting for the test. Only leave your home to have the test. Stay at home while you are waiting for your test result. You could be infectious and it is important that you do not spread the virus. Everyone in your household should also stay at home during this time.
There are testing sites available for residents who have COVID-19 symptoms where you can be tested although you must book an appointment, you cannot just turn up. These include:
- Billingham Forum car park (walk to or park on site, open Monday-Sunday, 8am-1.30pm)
- Cranworth Street car park, Thornaby (drive through, Saturday and Sunday, 9am-3.30pm)
- South Thornaby Community Centre, Thornaby (drive through, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9am-3.30pm)
- Dairy Car Park, Stockton (behind the Hampton by Hilton Hotel. Walk to or park on site, open Monday-Sunday, 8am-1.30pm)
If you test positive you will be contacted by the national or local Test and Trace advisors. The advisor will provide isolation advice. They will also questions about where you have been so that they can identify anyone you have been in close contact with. Test and Trace only works if you help by answering questions. We need your help to stop further transmission of the virus.
Please contact 01642 528474 or by completing this form if you want to share further information about contacts or require additional public health advice and support.
Testing for people without COVID-19 symptoms
One in three people who have COVID-19 do not experience symptoms. Identifying people who have COVID-19 without any symptoms helps to stop the spread of the virus because they know to stay at home until they are no longer infectious.
Anyone living or working in the Borough who does not have COVID-19 symptoms can have a COVID-19 test:
- At one of the Borough’s Community Testing sites
- By collecting a pack of tests to do at home from one of the Borough's Community Testing sites
- By collecting a pack of tests to do at home from a local pharmacy. You can find out your nearest pharmacy offering this service using this link
- By ordering a pack of tests online using the GOV.UK website to be delivered to your home
Community Testing Sites
Anyone who lives or works in Stockton-on-Tees can drop in for a test at:
- Billingham Community Centre - The Causeway, TS23 2DA (seven days a week, 10am-6pm)
- Elmwood Community Centre - 53 Darlington Road, TS18 5EP (Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm)
- Ingleby Barwick Community Hub - 39 The Rings, TS17 5LL (Mon, Tues, Fri, 8am-4pm)
- Ragworth Community Centre - 5 St. John’s Way, TS19 0FB (Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm)
- South Thornaby Community Centre - 112 Havilland Road, TS17 9JG (seven days a week, 8am-4pm)
- From 26 April Wellington Square, Stockton - Unit 5 TS18 1NA (seven days a week, 10am-6pm).
There is no need to book, you can just turn up and tests are free.
Work to identify a site in the Eaglescliffe and Yarm area is on-going.
Until the Wellington Square testing site opens tests also remain available at Splash - appointments at Splash must be booked in advance using this form or by calling 01642 528474.
Here you can read some ‘Frequently asked questions’ about the tests for people who don’t have COVID-19 symptoms
Community Collect - Home testing
All of the Community Testing Sites listed above (including Splash) also offer a ‘Community Collect’ service with home testing kits available for anyone over the age of 18 to collect.
'Community Collect’ is also available at Thornaby Central Library (during library opening times).
You don't need to book in advance or bring ID.