Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council

Big plans for keeping our communities safe

Community Trigger

anti social behaviour

There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.

For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit

The Community Trigger gives victims of Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) the opportunity to request a review of their case and bring agencies together to look at a joined up, problem-solving approach to find a solution.

If you would like to make an application to activate the Community Trigger please download the application, complete and return it via email or post as detailed on the application form. Individuals from different households will need to each complete an application form indicating that it is a group application on the forms that can then be sent collectively.

The Trigger will only activate a case review where:

  • an application is made
  • there is a qualifying complaint
  • the locally defined threshold has been met.

For further detail on this please refer to the procedure that is also available to download alongside the application form.

The Community Trigger can also be used by any person on behalf of a victim, for example a family member, friend, carer, councillor, Member of Parliament or other professional person. However, the victim’s consent should be sought by the person using the Community Trigger on their behalf.

Download the Community Trigger Procedure for more information.

Download the Community Trigger Application Form.

Please note the Community Trigger is not a complaints process. If you are unhappy with the service you have received from an agency and would like to make a complaint that would be a matter for the internal complaints procedure of the agency in question.

  • For more information on how to make a complaint to Cleveland Police, please call 101 or alternatively you can visit the Cleveland Police website.
  • To make a complaint to your Housing provider please contact the relevant Landlord or Housing Association direct.