A national lockdown is in place which means you must stay at home.
For information about the rules, any disruptions to Council services, how to book a COVID-19 test and the support available for residents and businesses visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Financial Support for Businesses
The Borough of Stockton-on-Tees is currently in a national lockdown.
You can read about how these restrictions affect businesses on the Government website.
We've now had the updated guidance from the Government and we're starting to process cyclical LRSG (Closed) and Additional Restriction Grant payments to cover the remaining 44-day period up to 31 March 2021. You do not need to apply. Payments will be made by BACS, and will start to arrive in bank accounts from Monday 1 March through to Thursday 4 March.
The government will provide updated guidance for the period following Wednesday 31 March in due course. We'll update this page again once we have this information.
On this page you will find information about business grants and financial support available during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Financial Support for Businesses
There is a wide range of support available for businesses that experience increased costs or disruptions to their cash flow as a result of COVID-19. This covers loans, tax relief and cash grants. For more information visit the Gov.uk website.
The Gov.uk site also includes a business support finder check that helps you identify all the support that is available for your business, partnership or enterprise.
If you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus, then you can visit the Gov.uk website to see if you qualify for grant support.
Or if you would like more information or advice please get in touch:
- For information about business grants and advice on whether your business may qualify, contact us at [email protected]
- If you have a query about your business rates please contact [email protected] or call 01642 397 108.
Grants being distributed by Stockton on Tees Borough Council
Here at the Council we are currently distributing 7 different grants for businesses in the Borough:
- National Lockdown Payments for Businesses for the lockdown beginning 5 January 2021; this scheme will close 31 March 2021.
- Scheme 1 for businesses who have been required to close since 5 November due to either the national lockdown, local Tier 3 or local Tier 4 restrictions; this scheme will close 31 March 2021.
- Scheme 2 for businesses in the leisure industry who remained open but were affected by the local tier 3 restrictions which came into force on 2 December.
- Scheme 3 for businesses which were required to close in March 2020 and remain closed under national restrictions (nightclubs, dance halls and discotheques, sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars).
- Scheme 4 a discretionary scheme for businesses severely affected by the restrictions but not covered by other scheme.
- Childcare Sector Sustainability Grant to support settings and childminders who are at risk of closure due to a reduction in demand caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you apply for a grant the Council may need to collect personal data alongside business information to assess whether you are eligible to receive financial support, and if so, to provide a payment to you. As part of the funding requirements set out by the Government, the Council must share some of this data with the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) for research and evaluation purposes, which may include carrying out surveys.
The information will also be used to carry out checks with our own records, and potentially with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), to validate your application and to prevent and detect fraud.
All information will be stored securely and processed in line with data protection legislation as detailed on the Council’s website.