Drugs and Alcohol Recovery Service
The Stockton-on-Tees Recovery Service is provided by Change Grow Live (CGL). For anyone who is struggling with issues to do with drug and alcohol use, they have a range of support available to help you on your journey to recovery and to help create healthier habits.
To find out more, or to refer yourself or someone else for support, please:
- visit the Change Grow Live website (refer yourself)
- telephone: 01642 673888
- 24 hour helpline: 0800 0522050
- email: Stockton.email@example.com
What is Substance Misuse?
Substance misuse refers to the harmful or hazardous use of psychoactive substances, including alcohol and illicit drugs. Repeated use can lead to dependency that typically includes a strong desire to take the drug, difficulties in controlling its use, persisting in its use despite harmful consequences, a higher priority given to drug use than to other activities and obligations, increased tolerance, and sometimes a physical withdrawal state. It can also impact on your relationships with others such as family and friends.
We know that substance use can be influenced by a whole range of factors, including:
- Mental health - for additional support or information, visit our support for mental health section
- Living situation - for information on homelessness, housing benefit or living assistance, please visit our housing section