The Pathways programme aims to support young people aged 16 to 29 across the borough who are NEET (not in education, employment or training), unemployed (on benefits or not) with the aim of progressing you into education, employment, training, or self-employment.
The Stockton Pathways Team is a Youth Employment Initiative funded via European Social Fund.
We have a team of Advisers who will provide you with one to one support, offering advice and guidance towards work, training and education. We can support you if you have disability or health problem and if you are in care. We have staff in different roles who can provide targeted support for those of you who are anxious about moving forward, not sure what you want to do, struggling to get jobs or interviews, or want to go back into education or training.
All our Advisers offer:
- appointments at a suitable location near to you
- discussions with you to think about and decide on your next steps
- create an Individual Learning Plan to give you a clear focus to help you achieve your goals
- provide you with up-to-date and accurate job information to make informed choices about what's next
- help you to create a personal, tailored CV for the jobs you're applying to
- support to look for apprenticeships, training courses, and employment opportunities
- provide transport to get you to colleges, learning providers or interviews
- give you University or UCAS advice and support
- provide you with job-seeking skills and tips and to complete applications
- prepare you for interviews with practice sessions so you are ready to succeed
As part of the Youth Employment initiative, we also have funding to support you to overcome barriers to progressing into education, employment training, or self-employment.
We can help you with:
- paying for training and bespoke courses
- paying for your interview outfit
- paying for work clothes, uniform or PPE
- paying for transport
- paying for tools and equipment when starting courses and work
- paying for licences or ID
- help with childcare costs
If you need help and support in gaining education, training, or employment, please contact us on 01642 677600 or email Pathways@stockton.gov.uk to arrange an appointment.
Employment and Training Hub
The Employment and Training Hub is the place to go for young people and adults of all ages to explore options and receive support.