Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council

Big plans for the care we provide

How to make a comment, complaint or commendation about Adult Services


There are a number of disruptions to Council services because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check the link below before accessing any of our services.

For details of disruptions and for advice and guidance visit

We try to provide the best possible service at all times. It is important that people who use our services tell us how we are doing. We welcome all comments, whether good or bad as a means of recognising and responding to your views and concerns, this helps us improve our services to you.

If you would like to talk to someone about how you have found our services, then any of our staff will listen to you, make a note of your views, and pass them on for attention. Alternatively you can contact our Information Governance Team or have your say by completing one of our Comments, Commendations and Complaints forms which are located below. Alternatively you can do this online using the blue button below.

Complete the online Comments, Commendations and Complaints form


Contact Information Governance

Address: Information Governance, Municipal Buildings, Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1LD

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 01642 527521

When we receive your complaint we will assess it and identify which complaints procedure this falls under. You will be notified of this when we acknowledge your complaint.

You can contact the team by telephone, email or by post. If you wish to do this by post you may wish to use one of our Adult Services Leaflets as shown below. These can be downloaded and printed.

Further information about our complaints procedures can be found on our Customer Feedback and Complaints page.


Care Quality Commission

You can also find helpful information about the quality of social care services for adults at the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC is the independent health and social care regulator for England. They check whether hospitals, care homes and care services meet national standards.

Visit the Care Quality Commission website for more information.

National Helpline: 0300 061 6161

Fax: 0300 061 6171

Email: [email protected]



Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees is the local residents’ champion for all the Health and Social Care services across the Borough. They are working with service users to get the most out of local health and social care services.

Visit the Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees website for more information.