Toggle menu

Change of address or circumstances

If you are moving home or your circumstances change, you need to let us know.

Change of address

If you are buying a property but are not moving in, please use the change of circumstances form.

Before completing the online form you will need the following:

  • Council Tax account number (if you previously paid for Council Tax in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees)
  • for an owned property, the date sale was completed and the name of the new owner
  • for a rented property:
    • if you are the tenant, we will need your landlord's name, address and contact number
    • if you are the landlord, we will need your tenant's name, previous or forwarding address and the names of any other people aged 18 or over who live with the tenant

Do not tell us about a change of address more than 14 days before you are due to move.

Tell us about a change of address

If you are a landlord, you can let us know if a tenant moves in and out of your property on the Council Tax information for landlords webpage.

Change of circumstances 

If your home circumstances change this may affect your Council Tax.

Tell us about a change in circumstances

Register for Council Tax

If you are moving into the Stockton-on-Tees area or within the area and you are not already registered for Council Tax, you will need to register for Council Tax.

Register to pay Council Tax