Equality and Diversity
The Council is committed to the promotion of equality and diversity and ensuring that all its services are fully accessible to all Stockton residents. We will achieve this by removing both direct and indirect discrimination wherever it exists. We recognise that people may be disadvantaged because of their: age; gender; race, colour, ethnic, national, cultural or social origin; disability; religion and belief, or non-belief; marital status, family circumstances or caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; class, level of income or housing circumstances; or a variety of other circumstances and actively work to reduce and ultimately eliminate this disadvantage.
The Council is supported in its aims by the Government and there are nine primary pieces of legislation and over 100 secondary pieces and government guidance to which the Council and all public bodies have to adhere to in order to promote equality of opportunity. A detailed list of these can be found in the Single Equality Scheme below, but currently the biggest challenges for the Council are implementing the Race, Gender and Disability Equality Duties.
Stockton Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Multi Faith CalendarDownload a copy of our Multi Faith Calendar.
- Multi Faith Calendar 2011 in Adobe PDF format 180 KB
- Multi Faith Calendar 2012 in Adobe PDF format 141 KB
- Multi-Faith Calendar 2013 in Adobe PDF format 144 KB
Profile InformationProfile information.
- Age Profile in Adobe PDF format 590 KB
- Age profile in Microsoft Word format 656 KB
- Disability Profile in Microsoft Word format 156 KB
- Disability Profile in Adobe PDF format 140 KB
- Faith and Belief Profile in Microsoft Word format 126 KB
- Faith and Belief Profile in Adobe PDF format 75 KB
- Gender Profile in Adobe PDF format 327 KB
- Gender Profile in Microsoft Word format 435 KB
- Race Profile in Microsoft Word format 518 KB
- Race Profile in Adobe PDF format 395 KB
- Sexual Orientation Profile in Adobe PDF format 70 KB
- Sexual Orientation Profile in Microsoft Word format 97 KB
Single Equality Scheme ResourcesThe Single Equality Scheme brings together action plans for Race, Gender and Disability. The scheme can be downloaded in either a full or summary version below.
If you have problems accessing the Adobe PDF downloads then click here for help
Equality and Diversity
- Age Equality
- Community Cohesion
- Disability Equality
- Equality and Diversity - Assessing Ourselves
- Equality and Diversity Useful Links
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Faith and Belief Equality
- Gender Equality
- Public Sector Equality Duties
- Race Equality
- Reporting Offensive Incidents
- Sexual Orientation Equality
- Single Equality Scheme
- Translation and transcription