Find out about our Christmas opening hours.
Stockton Council is working to minimise any disruption caused to residents during a day of industrial action by trades unions on Thursday 10 July.
It is expected that there will be limited impact on Stockton Council’s services during the day of industrial action but residents intending to contact the Council are asked wherever possible to avoid doing so until Friday 11 July.
Services likely to be affected by strike action:
• Council cash offices in Stockton, Billingham and Thornaby will be closed.
• Thornaby Central Library and Customer Services Centre will be closed
• Kingsway House in Billingham is closed to the public
• Roseberry Library (Billingham), Roseworth (Redhill) Library, Billingham Library and Ingleby Barwick Library will also be closed
• The Council's main switchboard (01642) 393939 will not be open but a recorded message will give contact numbers for emergency purposes and essential services
A full list of school closures is available on Stockton Council’s website at www.stockton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
For up to the minute information about how the industrial action may affect you visit Stockton Council’s website on www.stockton.gov.uk
Additional phone number information for 10 July 2014
For daytime health and social care emergencies please ring First Contact on 01642 527764. Out of hours between 5:00pm and 8:30am, ring the Emergency Duty team on 08702 402994.
For emergency temporary accommodation provision, please contact 01642 528389 between 8:30am and 5:00pm. Out of hours between 5:00pm and 8:30am, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 08702 402994.
For genuine emergencies relating to dangerous structures and insecure properties, street lighting, car parks and traffic signals or any other Council-related emergencies please ring 01642 618946 or 01642 528989.
Tenants of Tristar Homes (part of the Thirteen Group) or their representatives can report emergencies relating to their properties to the emergency make safe service on 0300 1111000.
To report a lost or found animal please contact Animal Welfare out of hours number 01642 618946.
© 2013 Stockton Council