.pdf Viewing Issues
If you are having problems accessing one of our .pdf downloads please try the following.
If you still cannot access the file after trying the following please let the Webmaster know (see "Who to Contact" for contact details).
1. Change the settings in the Adobe Reader software (versions 5 and 6 only)
This should fix the problem if you are getting the error message "Error Reading linearized hint data".
- Close your web browser.
- Open up your Adobe Reader software,
e.g. Start -> Programs -> Adobe Reader
- From the Acrobat software menu along the top,
select Edit -> Preferences
- Choose the Internet category
- Disable the entry: Allow fast web view
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Close your Adobe Reader software.
- Reopen your web browser.
- The .pdf should be displayed without any errors.
2. Save the file to your hard drive
PC Users: Right-click the link to the .pdf download, select "Save Target As..." from the menu displayed, and save it to your hard drive or desktop. Exit the Web browser and open the local file.
Mac Users: Hold down the "control" key and click and hold the mouse button down while it is over the .pdf download link. From the menu displayed select "Save Target As...", or "Download Link to Disk", and save the .pdf to your hard drive or desktop. (Note that on OS X you can simply click and drag the .pdf to your hard drive or desktop.) Exit the Web browser and open the local file.
Stockton Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.