Local Transport Plan
What is the Local Transport Plan?
Stockton Council is committed to working with its partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors to ensure that transport within the Borough:
- Is as environmentally sustainable as possible;
- Is safe, both for users and non-users;
- Is fully integrated, with different modes of transport working together to reduce congestion on the local network;
- Improves accessibility to work, schools, healthcare, shopping and leisure facilities; and
- Supports the regeneration of the local economy.
To meet these objectives, the Council has produced a 'blueprint' for the future development of the Borough's transport network over the five years from 2011 to 2016. The document, published in March 2011 is the third Stockton-on-Tees Local Transport Plan (LTP3). Progress against the Plan will be monitored through a series of Progress Reports'.
The Plan is supported by a series of 'Daughter Strategies'. In addition, Area Transport Strategies have been developed in partnership with Stockton Renaissance to ensure that the Plan reflects the needs of local communities within the Borough.
Stockton Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Local Transport Plan 2: 2006 - 2011Full Final version of the Second Local Transport Plan : 2006 - 2011
Local Transport Plan 3 : 2011 to 2016Details of the third Stockton Council Local Transport Plan for 2011 to 2016.
If you have problems accessing the Adobe PDF downloads then click here for help