Youth services and support
Stockton Council's Youth Service team enable young people to have a voice, an influence and a place in their community. To support this we help young people to develop their personal and social skills.
We provide services for young people aged 11 to 19 from across the Stockton Borough area.
We aim to support young people in many different ways.
Encouraging young people to take part in positive activities
- Tell young people about local events and activities available in the area
- Help young people to avoid risk-taking behaviour to prevent anti-social behaviour, offending, substance misuse and teenage pregnancy
- Encourage more young people to be involved in volunteering, citizenship and participation activities
Education, training and employment advice
- Encourage young people to engage and participate in education, employment and training
- Provide advice and guidance to help young people reach their educational goals
- Provide advice to help young people find the right career or training opportunity
- Tell young people about opportunities that are available to them once they leave school
Advice on relationships and family life
- Help young people who are being bullied
- Advice for young people who want to talk to someone in confidence
- Give advice and support to those experiencing family problems
- Help by telling young people which other council services and external agencies can help with personal and relationship problems