Fostering is about caring for children and young people in your own home. For a whole variety of reasons there are around 230 children and young people being looked after in Stockton by foster carers.
Many of these children will eventually return to their families. In some cases this may take a matter of days or weeks, in others it may take much longer and the children could be living with you for one or two years.
These pages provide more information about foster carers and the kinds of foster carers we are looking for as well as how to become a foster carer and what it is like to be a foster carer.
You can also find out more about private fostering arrangements and how to find out if your children are being privately fostered.
About the Child Placement Team
The Child Placement Team look after both fostering and adoption cases and organise training and development sessions for the carers. The team is made up of a Child Placement Manager, Supervising Social Workers, a Support Worker, Team Clerks and a Marketing and Recruitment Officer.
Each foster carer and adopter has their own dedicated Supervising Social Worker, who has a wealth of experience of supporting and supervising carers. They will work with you to match children who need placements and offer full support, development and training.
The Child Placement Team also provides services to both adults and children whose lives have been affected by adoption.
If you choose to foster or adopt through Stockton Council you will receive:
- a friendly service tailored to your needs
- a dedicated Supervising Social Worker that will take you through the whole process
- full support, training and development
- an allowance to cover the everyday expenditure that caring for a child involves.
Stockton Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Request for Contact from Social Care form. - Online form to complete and return online, or an Adobe form to print, complete and return
Fostering - Statement of purposeThe statement of purpose for the Stockton Council fostering service.
Contact: Child Placement - Foster Care Recruitment
Tel: 01642 526218
Also of Interest…
- Adoption (Social Care (Social Services))
- Eaglescliffe foster mum wins Community Champion award (November)
- Foster families are first on the ice (May)
- Fostering and adoption campaign wins national award (November)
- Stockton Council launches fostering and adoption campaign (May)
- Stockton Council tackles fostering myths (August)
- Supported Lodgings Scheme (Social Care (Social Services))