Stockton Council is here to provide vital services that keep the Borough ticking, for the benefit of all the local community.
Our services cover the whole area, including Billingham, Stockton, Thornaby, Ingleby Barwick, Yarm and the surrounding villages. We do everything from teaching schoolchildren, organising leisure events and removing your refuse bins. We offer social services to those who rely on them, lend thousands of books through local libraries, look after miles of roads and much more besides.
Over 8,000 people are employed by Stockton Council to provide a vast array of services for over 177,000 people who live and work in the Borough, making us the area's biggest employer.
Services are delivered to you by our paid employees, who are organised into departments.
Locally-elected Councillors make the decisions that ensure our services respond to your needs.
- About Stockton Council services
- Bills and Benefits
- Building Control and Regulations
- Care For Your Area
- Community Services
- Customer services
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Projects
- Health and Wellbeing
- Highways and Transport
- Insurance - Accident Claims
- Learning and Education
- Leisure and Visiting
- Maps@stockton (My nearest)
- Planning Department
- Plans and Strategies
- Regeneration and Economic Development
- Register Office
- School Effectiveness
- Social Care (Social Services)
- Stockton Children's Trust
- Stockton Safeguarding Children Board
- Tees Valley Single Programme
- Trading Standards and Licensing
- Urban design
- Xentrall shared services